Please join us for tea in order to support the Sisters of Our Lady of La Salette living and working in Fairfax, Virginia.
The Sisters of Our Lady of La Salette are women disciples of Christ, called to live and witness in word, deed and ritual in a creative and participatory way, to the realization of ecclesiastical communion, interfaith solidarity among peoples and deep ecological integrity as designed by Mary in Her Apparition at La Salette, who invites us to transcendence and the restoration of the dignity of persons and creation in a process of conversion from a life restrained by personal weakness and social injustice to the fullness of Life in Christ.
Our Mission: Attentive to the promptings of the Spirit, we have chosen to live as a faith community bonded by a Saletine missional charism and an institutional mode of life in the rhythm of the ministry of Reconciliation. We commit ourselves to be steeped in prayer, imbued with the spirit of sacrifice, filled with zeal and affirm life as a joyful celebration.
Our common identity:
- to participate in the collective endeavor of the faithful to build a Church of Communion and Solidarity with a special care for the poor and a regard for community resurgence;
- to enable people, through the special light and guidance of the La Salette event, to have access to knowledge and wisdom as well as the holding power and inspiring symbols of the Gospel;
- to accompany people to care and serve one another in their historical struggle for justice, peace and fullness of creation.
- Socio-Pastoral and Education Ministries:
- Shrine Services
- Facilitating Retreats
- Welcoming Pilgrims
- Accompanying women/girls in crisis (La Salette Women's Foundation)
- Journeying with Peasants and Communities (Ugnay-Buhay Foundation, BCC-CO, RMP, Parishes)
- School Administration
For further information about attending this tea or making a donation, please contact Megan Hamberger at firstname.lastname@example.org.